**SPEAKING OF RE-BIRTH!
** SPEAKING OF RE-BIRTH!
Many a time it has been said, that despite my
prayers and fond wishes,
The soul must go through several re-births,
To absolve itself from all debts on this earth!
And those who committed acts of violence,
Must take re-birth to meet such an end!
It is indeed a reassuring and comforting thought,
That crime never goes unpunished in the eyes of
Now what happens to all our courts of laws,
With hanging and life imprisonments galore? !
For the same offence you cannot punish a man
Do the advocates of ‘re-birth’ listen to such
Despite whatever has been said in re-birth’s
I have always prayed for Moksha without giving
My the Gods make my soul truly free, -
And if the soul must suffer re-birth, -
Well, let it not be me!
03 Jun 09
(Though written in a lighter vein, many a true word
is spoken in a jest!)
RAJ NANDY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (**SPEAKING OF RE-BIRTH! by RAJ NANDY )
- Cuckold's Plea, Donal Mahoney
- Thrilling night, Sneha Celine
- Love Is Not A Feeling, Margaret Alice Second
- a symphony, Cee Bea
- one shouldn't, Neelapu Suresh
- Spring Wood, Knutsford: my place of play, Mark Heathcote
- Mrs. Ullrick, Akhtar Jawad
- See the Beauty of Heaven, Aftab Alam
- Changes after being In love, Sneha Celine
- The Tailor's Daughter - III (The Underw.., Chris Zachariou
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(9 February 1874 – 12 May 1925)