mark anthony st. rose
Spirit of Life
It is like the Spirit of Life gets entangled
in a universal bacterial web; a soil; an earth.
In other words, it is betaken by a virus; a dirt,
and it must work its way out
by a higher calling it must believe
in a beauty beyond the senses.
It must believe in a timeless existence
beyond the prison of time.
It must believe in the beauty of a deeper unseen self.
One devoid of the diseased flesh and bone.
This is the only way the light will make its way home.
copyright by Mark Anthony St. Rose.
mark anthony st. rose's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Spirit of Life by mark anthony st. rose )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Toll, Adam Latham
- war why war, Jason Callender
- Sleeping Slumber, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Falling, Noradee Castillo
- Listen to the sound, Alex Adeoye
- SATAN'S HORDE, Tom Zart