I look up at the stars tonight but all I see is tragedy.
People who have fought and died, staring up at the stars, never again to be alive.
I look up at the stars tonight and all I see is misery.
For those who look up wistfully, wishing for something that never will come true, all their hopes will turn to goo.
I look up at the stars tonight and all I see is tragedy and misery.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stars by Celina Vargas )
- without warning, with morning, Lucy Gray
- How to Pinda-Dana?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- We are neighbors, gajanan mishra
- Sonnet: How Cancers Kill!, Dr John Celes
- My love xi, binod bastola
- आंहा उदै बुंजासे आदार गैया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Cutting Edge, Satish Verma
- Will Never Love Nor Marry Unless, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Image of God, gajanan mishra
- Countrification, bill costley
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)