Start, stop, start.
Brush of a touch,
Hint of a hand
You weren’t supposed to do that.
Furtive, sideways glance
Orbit the party
Avoid the pull
Empty kitchen escape.
Your voice outside
Too close to stop
Heart won’t let legs run.
Behind the door
Face to face
Eyes break all the rules.
Same you same me
Cathy and Heathcliffe kiss
Did we plan this
Face the crowd,
From lover back to friend
New line, new sand
We weren’t supposed to do that.
© Jayne Downing
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Start, stop, start. by Jayne Downing )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- poetic shenanigans, lee fones
- Homecoming, prasenjit banerjee
- She knows now, hasmukh amathalal
- I am on the top, gajanan mishra
- Invocation, Hans Raj Sharma
- The tempest death, Akshansh Pandey
- MY POEMS, MOHAMMAD SKATI