Start, stop, start.
Brush of a touch,
Hint of a hand
You weren’t supposed to do that.
Furtive, sideways glance
Orbit the party
Avoid the pull
Empty kitchen escape.
Your voice outside
Too close to stop
Heart won’t let legs run.
Behind the door
Face to face
Eyes break all the rules.
Same you same me
Cathy and Heathcliffe kiss
Did we plan this
Face the crowd,
From lover back to friend
New line, new sand
We weren’t supposed to do that.
© Jayne Downing
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Start, stop, start. by Jayne Downing )
- The Sadness Of This World, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Vigna Mukund
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid