statue, , , man with umbrella
A Statue... Man with umbrella
It was May in Lisbon had been walking long sat down on a bench
near a statue of a great Portuguese navigator, resting sore feet.
I had earlier that day bought an umbrella, it broke in high wind
so I put it beside on the bench. A child came sat on my lap and his
mother took a photo, apparently they thought I was a statue too.
A man who was showing tourists around said I was a figure made
by the famous Gabriel Bard. I said nothing since I had lost ability
to speak. In the morning cleaners came hosed me and the other
statue down so we looked spotless and presentable for tourists.
After a month I took the night train home in the knowledge that
my picture was taken a thousand times. In the news, next day
a story of a disappeared statue, the police was on the case.
Gabriel Bard was interviewed, poor man he was almost in tears
and demanded to be generously reimbursed for his great work.
Was the sculptor is a charlatan cashing in on my fame?
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (statue, , , man with umbrella by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Innocence, Muhammad Shanazar
- To Unite All, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Chaste Woman's Death, Nalini Chaturvedi
- NATURE OF CLOUDS, alexander opicho
- You are, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- It is day after day, gajanan mishra
- The Wanderer, Phil Soar
- Crimes Indicting Entire Human Race, Terence G. Craddock
- The Power Of Dreams, Edward Kofi Louis
- Written On The Wall, Muhammad Shanazar