“I am rather intimidated by your genius! ”
I sometimes want to hit the walls,
Head on, and some refrain –still
Stops me doing that. I,
On the altar of time, am
Nailed. Intimidated, broken down
Gathering myself from the pieces
I find on myself, ‘a hundred times
You break in my arms.’
The beginning, like something
That preceded, I opened my eyes
In the middle of a tragic story.
The end shall be natural to it,
As natural as it had been for ages.
Go! Get the cup, drink to heart’s delight:
I read my palm, the line of life
Like love’s hair, entangled, lock’ed.
Not a fairy’s tale, neither a song. Neither
The love blossomed, nor the lyre tuned.
Sadiqullah Khan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Still by Sadiqullah Khan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The nest of love, Jesus James Llorico
- Pappou Elia To My Father In Australia 1.., Elia Michael
- The God of Fallen Leaves, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lonely Gallinule, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Appeasement, Stephanie Sharma
- Golden Boyhood, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mysterious Beauty, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Complex Mind, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Twin stars, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Triangle Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro