Marie Joyce B. Negapatan
STOLEN SMILE part 2
In a blink of an eye,
I was gone without even saying goodbye.
If you only knew how painful it was
to leave our friendship behind.
A stolen moment from a childhood that was,
trying to steal you back again to my present life.
But do I still have a room to your heart
when I know that you're already crowded
with people to love?
It's a tragedy to see our friendship end
just before springtime began.
If only God gave me another chance
to prove my worth as a friend,
then i wouldn't feel this loneliness
that is slowly eating me away.
All I have now are tears of regret
coz I know there's no chance for me
to bring you back to my life again.
But until now, as long as I'm breathing the air of life,
I will never stop hoping that someday, somehow
I will see you standing right infront of me
with that same, old childhood smile
that was once been stolen by a fleeting time.
Marie Joyce B. Negapatan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (STOLEN SMILE part 2 by Marie Joyce B. Negapatan )
- Quail, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Do Not Say It That British Literature Is.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- In Search of Hercule Poirot, Deborah Eker
- Modern Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- READ, READ, READ THE BOOK, Michael P. Johnson
- Different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Are you really?, Maxim Pokalyuhin
- The pain and pricks., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The maiden poem...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Loves silent vigil, Erato
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1886 - 1967)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edwin Arlington Robinson
(22 December 1869 – 6 April 1935)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)