One cold evening
It was raining hard
Outside my house
And inside my heart
Lightning and thunder came
An enormous storm was coming
A song of sorrow and fear
A song my heart was humming
How do you end a storm?
When its source is the sky
How do you end the pain?
When all you can do is die
Heavy rains come and go
But oh, how I wonder
How long the rains would fall
How long shall I ponder
Could the rains actually stop?
Will it continue pouring?
Will I be able to heal?
The pain that I’m bearing
They say the sun’ll come out tomorrow
But I wonder if it won’t evaporate water
And create humongous storms again
That’ll conceal all the love and laughter
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Storm by Arvie Calimlim )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Lights connect to each other, Mohammad Siddiqui
- My silent cry echoes through the universe, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Love keeps flowering and sometimes, Gert Strydom
- We sit on a balcony, Gert Strydom
- Cheap Shots, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- COPLA 69 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Days When The Darkness Is Greater Than T.., Shalom Freedman
- STORM IN A TEACUP, Philo Yan
- Never take anybody, gajanan mishra
- All one, gajanan mishra