Summer of Roses
Summer of roses! O empress of flowers!
You are all I care to know:
you and your many sisters
who launch your love arrows, though already caught
in the pull of the tomb.
What words do you whisper in that silent language?
Why do you insist so unyieldingly
That your garden must fade as it is born?
Do you bloom only for the poet
whose mind you pollinate with your beauty
and who immortalizes your unspoken wisdom
in a simple phrase?
Francis Jammes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Summer of Roses by Francis Jammes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols