Summer of Roses
Summer of roses! O empress of flowers!
You are all I care to know:
you and your many sisters
who launch your love arrows, though already caught
in the pull of the tomb.
What words do you whisper in that silent language?
Why do you insist so unyieldingly
That your garden must fade as it is born?
Do you bloom only for the poet
whose mind you pollinate with your beauty
and who immortalizes your unspoken wisdom
in a simple phrase?
Francis Jammes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Summer of Roses by Francis Jammes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To My Darling Cupid, Electric Lady
- Accepted Hypocrisy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- That Which Is Fictioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Panic Adds To Pressure, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ease, Donald Charon
- Stream Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It is mission, hasmukh amathalal
- I am like myself..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Yesterday was, hasmukh amathalal
- Enchanted Moon, Regina Riddle