Table Of Consent
He sups in the same plate with the devil,
Long spoon clasped in the palm of his hand.
Conscious of the presence of the impending evil,
That ravaged short-spoon off its garland.
Sumptuosness corrode the bones of his reflexes,
And his rusty back glued to the dinning seat.
The host, through with his guest's excesses,
Pondered on the symmetric dissection of his meat.
Transaction ends on the table of consent.
With all he had he paid the ultimate price.
Now a goat rope-led against its intent,
He became the meat on the bowl of his rice.
The guest went the worn out ways of the others,
The usual fate across the borders.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Table Of Consent by Adeoye Adetoba )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- In Search Of Americans, Joe Sadeghloo
- Write down everything, gajanan mishra
- Leap in time, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Soul Is A Traceless Wound, mary douglas
- A Pink Chalk Moon Rising Behind A Blue H.., mary douglas
- GALE'S MEDAL, Terry Collett
- Listen To Me, I am Talking, Ali Faisal
- That There Should Be Flowers There, mary douglas
- Tetracty Dry Grass, Heather Burns
- On The Highway Of Life, Heather Burns