Take My Hand
Take my hand and let me go
To the inner world
Where darkness and obscurity flow.
Take my hand and come with me
To distant lands
Where romance lives exotically.
Take my hand and hold on tight
To share my pain
When I am a little boy at night.
Take my hand and caress it so
To show your love
When you’re all aglow.
Take my hand in a secure grip
To steady yourself
On your scary trip.
Take my hand but hold it lightly
To show we’re equals
Not clutching, it’s so unsightly.
Take my hand and feel my heart
To make me feel good
Never shall we part.
Take my hand and I’ll listen to you
To share the thoughts
And feelings you need to.
Take my hand just before you peak
To let me know
It’s my love you seek.
Take my hand and I’ll let you go
To make your own choices
You need to know.
Take my hand and remember it’s touch
To comfort you in darkness
I love you so much.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Take My Hand by Alan Strand )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- I No Longer Care About Your Police Record!, Monk E. Biz
- Summer Song, Kawa Karpo
- Too Large To Thank God, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Feeling Of Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Existing Transcendentally, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Yam, Tony Adah
- What If a Poet Doesn't Like His Own Poet.., Monk E. Biz
- Forewarning Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- PERFECTION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- I salute you, poets, gajanan mishra