Edward Kofi Louis
Tanzania In Africa
Rise up Africa!
Rise up Africans! !
Rise up Ghana!
Rise up Ghanaians! !
Rise up Tanzania!
Rise up Tanzanians! !
Tanzania oh Tanzania,
The land of my friend;
The land of Dr. Julius Nyerere of Africa!
You are blessed with Mount Kilimanjaro,
The land of my friend called, Dr. Ekk;
This is wher true love does span the ages.
You are the highest Mountain in Africa,
Overflowing with colours;
And the wonders of the forest are,
Tanganyika, Rukwa, Nyasa and Lake Victoria!
Like the hunter's gun;
The night falls and the rivers bring out their beauties;
So, how many rivers do i have to cross?
Rise up Tanzania,
How many mountains do i have to climb?
Of a country called Tanzania in Africa,
How many Lakes do i have to see?
Maybe, Dr. Ekk will tell me more.
This is your own son living in Shinyanga,
A noble Doctor to his people and the world;
Could it be 'Der Es Salam'?
Then, i have to learn more from these Islands too;
The Islands of Zanzibar and Pemba is what i mean.
What about Tanga?
This is on the Coastal Range with beauty;
Oh Tanzania! !
Do tell me more about yourself;
Bounded by the Indian Ocean is your love.
I am rather bounded by the South Atlantic Ocean;
Like Ghana to Dr. Kwame Nkrumah,
So is Tanzania to Dr. Julius Nyerere.
I am a Ghanaian and,
I have to learn from you as an African;
So, rise up Africa! !
From the North to the South,
Then from the East to the West;
Rise up oh Africans! !
Cos', we are all Africans.
Edward Kofi Louis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tanzania In Africa by Edward Kofi Louis )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(August 5, 1934)
Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Blue Roses, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Nothing Seems Right, Andrew Butler
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie