Tapped From Behind
I had the laddle
By my right.
My chest drummed hard, faster.
My eyes were everywhere
Like an alerted wild animal.
My left grabbed and excused the pot cover.
Inside, dead animals swam.
A gush of aroma blessed my nostrils.
Ta! Ta! Ta!
I heard 3 quick foosteps.
Mother was by the door.
Kelvin TakyiBobi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tapped From Behind by Kelvin TakyiBobi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- WALKING SHADOWS, Satish Verma
- INTRIGUING, Satish Verma
- Magdalene Poem, John Taggart
- White days, interruption ("One Flew.., John Taggart
- The Magnet, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Not even a dream ("Deliverance"), John Taggart
- Time lapse ("Grey Gardens"), John Taggart
- from "Landscape with Light", John Taggart
- Inside Out, John Taggart
- PH: Limericks (Of Physics) : #1, Brian Johnston