Tapped From Behind
I had the laddle
By my right.
My chest drummed hard, faster.
My eyes were everywhere
Like an alerted wild animal.
My left grabbed and excused the pot cover.
Inside, dead animals swam.
A gush of aroma blessed my nostrils.
Ta! Ta! Ta!
I heard 3 quick foosteps.
Mother was by the door.
Kelvin TakyiBobi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tapped From Behind by Kelvin TakyiBobi )
- Gaza City, Nathalie Handal
- The safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Limerick-35, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- no more love story, The Princess is
- Illogical, Margaret Moran
- Want, The Princess is
- The Passing of the Lord, Translation of .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Teleskof, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bearing With One Another, Edward Kofi Louis
- Danyell, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)