Te-Totaller's Auld Lang Syne
Be days of drinking wine forgot,
Let water goblets shine-
And from your memory ever blot
The days of drinking wine.
Those days of drinking wine my friend,
Those days of drinking wine;
A temperance hour is worth a power
Of days of drinking wine!
We twa have quaff'd in days long past
Bright juices of the vine,
But let us from our memories cast
Those customs of 'lang syne.'
Bad customs of 'lang syne,' my friend,
Bad customs of 'lang syne;'
Our temperance age must blot the page
Of customs of 'lang syne.'
We twa can meet as friends should meet,
We twa together dine,
Our beverage quaff from fountains sweet,
And never think of wine.
At temperance's shrine, we're pledg'd, my friend,
We're pledged at her fair shrine;
And hold her cause above the laws
And customs of 'lang syne.'
John Pierpont's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Te-Totaller's Auld Lang Syne by John Pierpont )
- Love is Heaven's Bliss, Aftab Alam
- Nobody F-in' Loves Me! : D, Mr. Nobody
- Waiting Solo, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When My Death Comes, Shalom Freedman
- Interior Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Set a date, hasmukh amathalal
- Mandela, Gary Corseri
- In my own idea, gajanan mishra
- Sink deep, hasmukh amathalal
- It's on Sale, Doug Jones
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)