Dr John Celes
Teacher’s Day Poem (A Pot Pourri)
They help us strive for goals;
They give us model roles;
They are such superb souls;
That help sprout ‘student-poles’!
Most teachers teach us well;
We have no words to tell;
Sometimes, they even yell,
When we can’t rightly spell.
A gentle pat on back;
A simple word or whack;
Most teachers know the knack,
To find out what we lack.
They show us how to write;
They tell us what is right;
They taught all to be bright,
No matter what our plight.
And some talk about life;
And problems that are rife;
Be careful with a knife,
And how to tackle strife.
A teacher is so wise;
Most teachers do advise,
To keep away from vice,
And never tell white lies!
They teach us speak the truth;
And guide us in our youth;
In life, they help us smile
And run our earthly mile.
Some teach us how to play;
Some tell us how to say
The twin words, ‘aye’ and ‘nay’
And put us in life’s way.
God bless our teachers dear;
And keep them always near;
Their voices to well hear;
May they in life not tear.
What could our school-life be,
Without teachers lovely?
We love our teachers truly
We’ll miss them all surely!
‘Happy Teachers’ Day! ’ (Sept 5th)
Copyright by Dr John Celes 8-31-2008
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Teacher’s Day Poem (A Pot Pourri) by Dr John Celes )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Change Of Heart, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Voyage, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Reflected In Mirrors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- zeros and ones, Tajudeen Shah
- Beat Of My Heart, Lydia Cunningham
- Tell - Tale Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Speculative Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Allocating Rhythms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Perfect You, Naomi Mith
- The Water, Asit Kumar Sanyal