The River overlooks the dreadful harmonies
His legacy grows: the food - the food of the trees
A wonder beyond it seems like a million seas
Do they feed them? From a gull to a pigeon?
Maybe a tone of spirits finding gems in greens...
A cliff I see far away, with smog around a bridge
Encloses my dreams: a way out without a spring
Stiff mountains raise behind me, and they sing
A hymn for my gleams, a candle-like light -
Will I have the right to face my internal sins?
Misty candle lights, what sins do thou bring
Upon the dreary sights? For I, have my only wing;
My last words for the fights I gave for the things
I whisper to thy hearts: the gull, and the pigeon
Say regards to my region, where I have beliefs.
Sky's clearer, though its sepia covers the air
Mountains lose what is their greatest flair
I begin to crawl, on the way to another stair
The way to a wooden spot, a mystery plot
Where again I start, to shape my exact fair.
The River now stops, eternal light has gone
But the gull, and the pigeon, whom I gave life
And wave the ones I love, and will be loved
Will be seen one day, way beyond the Sun
I just had my light, as eternal as teardrops...
Deniz Atay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Teardrops by Deniz Atay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Inside My Heart is Dying, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Raksha Bandhan, Aryaman Kakkar
- Poem is my bag, Aftab Alam
- My Heart Was True... Why Not You, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Why Wouldn't Amina Jilani Write8, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Why Wouldn't the Indus Wash Away Our Sor.., Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Aladdin's Lamp, Aftab Alam
- Time Is Against Them, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- For Us, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- The Death of Stella D'Cruz1, Afzal Ahmed Syed