TEARS AND LAUGHTER
TEARS AND LAUGHTER
Our life gets ensconced between our
laughter and tears,
With sunshine and rain, between our
joys and fears!
This life is a filigree of light and shadow
While with our laughter we try to drive
our fears away!
All our exalted emotions, bring tears to our
But tears can flow freely, while laughter
needs tears to survive!
Laugh and the world laughs with you,
But when you weep, you weep alone!
The world has no time for your sorrow, -
it remains as your very own!
Life’s music is composed with our happiness
Tears provide the somber background notes,
And laughter the lilting cadence of summer’s rain!
But in this single life, if we can wipe our brother's
Happiness will follow, to drive away our tears!
- Raj Nandy
- New Delhi
- 27 Nov 08
RAJ NANDY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TEARS AND LAUGHTER by RAJ NANDY )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Naveed Khalid
Sir Walter Scott
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- O, No!, gajanan mishra
- Grand Hand, Michael McParland
- Waking Up in the foam of soap and a stac.., padli monas
- His & her roles reverse, Mark Heathcote
- Water, Mark Heathcote
- My Coquette Moon, Guillermo Veloso
- Compose yourself my sweet-pea flower, Mark Heathcote
- Darker Flowers, Guillermo Veloso
- Two crashed bicycles?, Mark Heathcote