TEARS AND LAUGHTER
TEARS AND LAUGHTER
Our life gets ensconced between our
laughter and tears,
With sunshine and rain, between our
joys and fears!
This life is a filigree of light and shadow
While with our laughter we try to drive
our fears away!
All our exalted emotions, bring tears to our
But tears can flow freely, while laughter
needs tears to survive!
Laugh and the world laughs with you,
But when you weep, you weep alone!
The world has no time for your sorrow, -
it remains as your very own!
Life’s music is composed with our happiness
Tears provide the somber background notes,
And laughter the lilting cadence of summer’s rain!
But in this single life, if we can wipe our brother's
Happiness will follow, to drive away our tears!
- Raj Nandy
- New Delhi
- 27 Nov 08
RAJ NANDY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TEARS AND LAUGHTER by RAJ NANDY )
- Alive, Cigeng Zhang
- There it Goes, Vera Sidhwa
- A Date With Fate, Noah Body
- Life's a Ball, Alice Cordy
- 'Did I ever Exist? ', Ananta Madhavan
- Keep safe, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunshine, Hanh Chau
- The Power Of Prayer, Tom Zart
- Mini Pool Tournament, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)