TEARS AND LAUGHTER
TEARS AND LAUGHTER
Our life gets ensconced between our
laughter and tears,
With sunshine and rain, between our
joys and fears!
This life is a filigree of light and shadow
While with our laughter we try to drive
our fears away!
All our exalted emotions, bring tears to our
But tears can flow freely, while laughter
needs tears to survive!
Laugh and the world laughs with you,
But when you weep, you weep alone!
The world has no time for your sorrow, -
it remains as your very own!
Life’s music is composed with our happiness
Tears provide the somber background notes,
And laughter the lilting cadence of summer’s rain!
But in this single life, if we can wipe our brother's
Happiness will follow, to drive away our tears!
- Raj Nandy
- New Delhi
- 27 Nov 08
RAJ NANDY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TEARS AND LAUGHTER by RAJ NANDY )
- Promises, Madrason writer
- A Daily Paradox; A Lost Masterpiece, Patrick van der Loos
- A Dewy Pearl, Elia Michael
- Creative Animals, vaibhav bhardwaj
- That Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Oziyon Le Dawn living in the sun, Oziyon LeDawn
- Mind Over Matter, Patrick van der Loos
- you're my hard liquor, but soft, Mandolyn ...
- Tears of Heart, Rohit Sapra
- The Value Has To Be, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns