Ten O'Clock Newsflash
She argued with her parents,
decided to leave home,
packed her small school bag
and left, feeling alone.
Took a train from the station,
destination London - so easy!
But she was young, naive, so pretty
and London was so sleazy.
She soon ran out of money
cardboard box bed in shop doorways,
nowhere to wash, feeling dirty
and not eaten for days.
Ten o'clock newsflash - MISSING TEENAGER.
Parents pleading, police description
offering a substantial reward
for any genuine information.
Heard nothing for ten days now,
she's caused them so muchtrouble,
if only they would find her,
she would come home at the double.
Eleventh day - they found her
beside her cardboard bed.
Ten o'clock newsflash - MISSING GIRL IS DEAD!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ten O'Clock Newsflash by barbara clafton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Dead Theatre, rashmi sri
- The nest of love, Jesus James Llorico
- Pappou Elia To My Father In Australia 1.., Elia Michael
- The God of Fallen Leaves, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lonely Gallinule, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Appeasement, Stephanie Sharma
- Golden Boyhood, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mysterious Beauty, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Complex Mind, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Twin stars, Zillur Rahman Shuvro