House fire, tragedy,
Should not be alive really.
Child, only twenty-two months,
Nothing short of miraculous.
Burned, ninety degrees,
Disfigurement, everyone sees.
Her whole face was burned,
To live with it she has learned.
Her injures were and are horrific,
They do not witness her spirit.
Strength and courage,
Fifteen years of age.
Such guts and bravery,
A revelation to see.
Videos of her from a toddler,
To a typical teenager.
Always laughing, full of life,
Curtailing any internal strife.
She wants to be normal,
Like any other girl.
Confident and maybe stubborn.
Living with her 'problem'!
What an inspiration..
Facial reconstruction cannot be done,
Bones are too young.
Her operations will not make her perfect,
She knows what to expect.
Feeling self conscious about our face,
Put your self in Terri's place!
guy lipmore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Terri. by guy lipmore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- A WONDROUS MOMENT., Om Chawla
- Innocence and Experience, Anne Stevenson
- Inheriting My Grandmother's Nightmare, Anne Stevenson
- Time management, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Violation, Tiku akp
- So Much Depends Upon, Frank Avon
- Forgotten of the Foot, Anne Stevenson
- तेरे हाथों की मेहदी... ere hathonki, hasmukh amathalal
- Captive Without Bars, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- False Flowers, Anne Stevenson