TEXTS AND SUBTEXTS
'You haven't texted! ',
So I wander up and down
the floor, trying not to think...
'the worst? ',
What couldn't be worse now,
than thinking all the wrong things,
I always think the wrong things...
I mean I swallow everything down
without even thinking,
But texting is new to me,
Now I understand why everyone
on street corners are tapping away,
Infinitely - tapping away,
texting like Morse...
Wondering if the next text
will save them from the worst,
yet to come...
Love is only containable
when your actually right there,
and not some place else -
drinking up the landscape
of some new face or place,
Negativity is hardly an art,
once you've seen how the
whole wide world of individuals
And remember the gate,
or the fence that goes
all the way around you,
But that could be anyone?
And this is just the sub-text,
drilling holes of text,
In the subliminal hall of pain.
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TEXTS AND SUBTEXTS by GRANT FRASER )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Sonnets for Five Seasons, Anne Stevenson
- Salter's Gate, Anne Stevenson
- A WONDROUS MOMENT., Om Chawla
- Innocence and Experience, Anne Stevenson
- Inheriting My Grandmother's Nightmare, Anne Stevenson
- Time management, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Violation, Tiku akp
- So Much Depends Upon, Frank Avon
- Forgotten of the Foot, Anne Stevenson
- तेरे हाथों की मेहदी... ere hathonki, hasmukh amathalal