Memries special do not easily blow away
And neither will they ever go disarray
Stepping back in time it is now clearly seen,
Many things in life, that could, should have been.
Growing up was fun and was carefree in many a ways.
Paths crossed they failed to see, oh those childhood days,
Smiles, words, glances shared, hearts in silence did connect.
Innocence, a relationship they did not seek to select.
Came a lengthy pause as different corners they strayed.
With homes, many oceans apart tastefully they made.
Many moons later, the IT world, on-line, they do meet.
The eve of their lives, yes it became a welcome greet.
Troubles by the score, this was the best healing balm,
Despite tidal waves, feelings stirring, as the pain did calm.
Hearts that exchanged, that sacred bond none can take away.
Sadly It should have happened, that yesterday!
shirani ibrahim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That Yesterday! by shirani ibrahim )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Enjoying Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Know everything at least, gajanan mishra
- Lost Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Abortion (cry of a foetus), ramesh rai
- Feel me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Let me start afresh, gajanan mishra
- selfie, ko the skipper
- In Search Of Americans, Joe Sadeghloo
- Write down everything, gajanan mishra
- Leap in time, Nassy Fesharaki