M.D DINESH NAIR
THE ARROW SHOT WITHOUT AN ARCHER
I take my sharpest arrow of a good season
And then shoot it from my bow of a finer reason
But it hits none or nothing anywhere.
My arrow boomerangs on me, pierces across my flesh and I lie bleeding
And my bow sighs and sighs and lies near my semi-corpse
Waiting for perhaps a better archer still.
As the last breath of mine pulls me out
Of this world with fading objects of all seasons
My reason resurrects and stands on a hill alone!
My arrow turns into a half of me then,
Shoots off from the bow of my other half!
And this time it hits someone or something.
Time will tell my tale one day
Nay, the tale of an arrow and bow
That never needed an archer like me!
But the mystery will ever remain as to how and
Why my arrow boomeranged on me at all?
And time may point its finger at the ghost of an image much known!
M.D DINESH NAIR's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE ARROW SHOT WITHOUT AN ARCHER by M.D DINESH NAIR )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Michael P. McParland
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Home They Brought Her Warrior Dead, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Christmas Day In the Workhouse, George Robert Sims
- The Tiger, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Nostalgia, Lawrence Beck
- Evening Song, Sherwood Anderson
- Gentle Golden Light, Margaret Alice Second
- What is I want under the destinies ten.., Yuri Starostin
- Lonely Road, Alexander Onoja
- Happy Birthday Lord, Ron Baratono
- I Truly Do, Michael P. McParland
- I Still Love You, Michael P. McParland
- I Pray For You, Michael P. McParland
- Pangarap, Jesus James Llorico