M.D DINESH NAIR
THE ARROW SHOT WITHOUT AN ARCHER
I take my sharpest arrow of a good season
And then shoot it from my bow of a finer reason
But it hits none or nothing anywhere.
My arrow boomerangs on me, pierces across my flesh and I lie bleeding
And my bow sighs and sighs and lies near my semi-corpse
Waiting for perhaps a better archer still.
As the last breath of mine pulls me out
Of this world with fading objects of all seasons
My reason resurrects and stands on a hill alone!
My arrow turns into a half of me then,
Shoots off from the bow of my other half!
And this time it hits someone or something.
Time will tell my tale one day
Nay, the tale of an arrow and bow
That never needed an archer like me!
But the mystery will ever remain as to how and
Why my arrow boomeranged on me at all?
And time may point its finger at the ghost of an image much known!
M.D DINESH NAIR's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE ARROW SHOT WITHOUT AN ARCHER by M.D DINESH NAIR )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Men, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Gravestone Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Casted Caught And Casted, Susan Lacovara
- Quiet White, Susan Lacovara
- A Synthetic Poet in the Webs., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Lemons, Maylee Bossy
- Rhino, Jonathan Walker
- The devil Is For Real, Phyllis Strong
- Creative Souls, Anthony Daniels
- Awaken My Heart, Anthony Daniels
- Joyful Heart, Anthony Daniels