The correct death is written in.
I will fill the need.
My bow is stiff.
My bow is in readiness.
I am the bullet and the hook.
I am cocked and held ready.
In my sights I carve him
like a sculptor. I mold out
his last look at everyone.
I carry his eyes and his
brain bone at every position.
I know his male sex and I do
march over him with my index finger.
His mouth and his anus are one.
I am at the center of feeling.
A subway train is
traveling across my crossbow.
I have a blood bolt
and I have made it mine.
With this man I take in hand
his destiny and with this gun
I take in hand the newspapers and
with my heat I will take him.
he will bend down toward me
and his veins will tumble out
like children… Give me
his flag and his eye.
Give me his hard shell and his lip.
He is my evil and my apple and
I will see him home.
Anne Sexton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Assassin by Anne Sexton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- The Twins, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Cloud speaks something different, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Uniqueness, Edward Kofi Louis
- My Daily Mentor, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Hide And Seek!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Other side of dark, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Puzzling presence, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The witless arrogance of your average ra.., Stanley Collymore
- Facial Intellect, Naveed Akram