The baby will never cry
I was waiting for this tomorrow
Since I knew the meaning of woman..
But today I feel it would have been better
If I was born in this world not as human…
From tomorrow I will be known as a mother
I will be able to feed my milk to my baby….
But the baby won’t be able to enjoy mother’s milk
As doctor said my baby is not like any other baby…
Tomorrow I will become a mother
A mother who will deliver a baby
The baby who will never be able to see this world
The baby who will never cry after delivery..
Sumita Datta's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The baby will never cry by Sumita Datta )
- CREDITOR, Donald R Charon
- Tales Of A Wife: Lady Liberty, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Lament Of Many, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Misguided, Donald R Charon
- NATURE'S INFLUENCE, Donald R Charon
- How Was Your Day?, Donald R Charon
- we never did go bowling, Mandolyn ...
- How To Tie The Knot, Foster Teegarden
- hurry husband, shush my alliteration, Mandolyn ...
- Sharp Is The Bite, Donald R Charon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)