Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
The stray dog a she dog
Barking in high spirits
To the people going on road
They scolds and throws stones
The stray dog still in bark.
The sound is ferocious
Its action is speedy
Its barks, the people frightens
The stray dog continues to bark.
Asylum it got in neighbor house
The revered mother living alone
Slowly it made friendship
The stray dog got a home its own.
Biscuits and nourishing foods
Aplenty, the old lady gave it
The stray dog is so happy
It stopped the barking without command.
The she dog in high spirits
Slowly and steadily if became fat
Now she is not a stray dog
A beautiful dog itself it changed.
Lovers came from near and in distance
The she dog attracted them all
But fought with naughty ones
The quarrel sometimes in limitless.
The people agitated against stray dogs
The corporation engaged a dog catcher
He was such a man who can catch
And kill even the wildest of stray dog.
Tried his best to catch all stray dogs
Almost all dogs without licenses
Killed in such a speed and spirit
But he couldn't kill the stray dog
The one which came and got friendship
The love and affection, mother saved it.
Months passed and in years of changes
The old lady in such different ability
She was incapable to move here and there
The dog helped her as a close friend
Just like a good friend in time.
May be until the final day among the one.
Gangadharan nair Pulingat..'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The bark by Gangadharan nair Pulingat.. )
Did you read them?
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Quite same, hasmukh amathalal
- Lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Exquisite Thing, Mark R. Elias
- Leaf to Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Strange Paradox, Sandra Feldman
- Celebrate Life, david kush
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Heather Burns
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)