The Bay Today
The bay is green today like grassland a spring day
moments before it´s invaded by cattle and cowboys
with six shooters full of dust.
Yesterday a tsunami struck filled houses with icy
water, to day shopping is free you can buy whatever
you desire but Persian carpets are water damaged.
Angry water is brown as a hord of stampede cattle
unthinking just moving forward unaware of death
and its own impending destruction.
Friendly and soft the bay is today, like a milk carton
cow painted green to better be seen on supermarkets
shelves that also have blueberry yogurt on display.
A, this inlet forever trying to be apart from the sea,
yet cannot stop a storm from spitting foam.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Bay Today by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Patterns Within Rainbows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shyness of her (ii), binod bastola
- Attach importance, gajanan mishra
- Silent Death, Adewale Ajakanri
- Not enough, hasmukh amathalal
- Diamond Gems, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lost and Found, Anthony Di'anno
- reaching for your hand so i don't get lost, Mandolyn ...
- Share to walk, hasmukh amathalal
- Okay okay I said, gajanan mishra