The Beast Within
In all of us, a beast lays waiting,
in the dark part of our soul.
It waits in the shadows
to blacken out heart,
wanting us to do
its dark bidding here.
Some are over powered
by the beast within,
their dark deed are everywhere.
Others control its craving,
quelling its black thoughts,
leaving it locked in the dark, in which it dwells.
We have heard of the battles,
good vs. evil,
light vs. dark.
Therefore, we must be strong,
and never let it out,
that beast that lies within.
19 June 2007
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Beast Within by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- FAITH, GREED & INTEGRITY, Tom Zart
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Security Is A Pain, John deVries
- Simply Spoken Melting Crystals, Heather Burns
- There Was..., Aparna Chatterjee
- A Dream, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- I work to cure but think about sweet Swe.., Nyota Yasulwe
- Music, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Days Of Olokun, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The Lover, Ruth Manning-Sanders