When Jesus Christ was four years old
The angels brought Him toys of gold,
Which no man ever had bought or sold.
And yet with these He would not play.
He made Him small fowl out of clay,
And blessed them till they flew away:
Tu creasti Domine
Jesus Christ, Thou child so wise,
Bless mine hands and fill mine eyes,
And bring my soul to Paradise.
Hilaire Belloc's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Birds by Hilaire Belloc )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Your Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Im not her, Brianna Kimball
- LIKE AN EAGLE, Romeo Della Valle
- My eyes feel like cactus flowers, Jena Crowe
- No Escape From Hidden Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Demons, Brianna Kimball
- Multi-Tasker, douglas scotney
- Bottom Feeders, douglas scotney
- Love is Like a Painting, Paul Hartal
- Depicting Hearts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak