Alven L. Robinson
The Blind Man
The blind man on the bridge
groping in the wind,
a trail to the edge
pursuing light within.
No turning back the years
or pity for time lost,
regrets there were a few,
forsaken dreams the cost.
Somewhere along the path
his will had come to waver;
he lost what he had found
while searching for a savior.
Now he has no one to follow,
no refuge from the rain;
the days are as a field to wander,
each hour a guessing game.
His freedom from the shackles
of concurrence and consent,
denies the intercession
of robes that seek repent.
He knows no hallowed scripture
to stand alone above the fire,
no words of revelation
to escape a final pyre.
His blindness is the vision
that sees beyond the Word,
to the voice within the silence
of the sound so seldom heard.
Alven L. Robinson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Blind Man by Alven L. Robinson )
- To overcome perversion, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Life and body separable, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 10, ramesh rai
- Beyond my Soul, John Siregar
- Searching Blonde, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Destiny....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 9, ramesh rai
- Our House Is The Mountain Top, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At no cost, hasmukh amathalal
- Overcompensation, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Let Go and Let God (dedicated to my aunt.., Miss Remy
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)