:::::: The Celebration Of A Hero::::::
With a throng of grins the day was born,
The hearts danced for another is here with glee.
It came with joy,
That proceeds from the pleasantries of men to women,
They smile with coy.
As they watch the blood of bulls spill to earth and murder hen.
It is born, yes! Another is.
With sulking young for fresh attire,
It now is,
Even as the delicacies spring fresh steam from fire.
With the celebration of a hero, it came,
Drums rolled for its sake.
As the world enjoyed proclaiming his name,
That's all we did to partake.
Now the day is old,
We ate with gusto all it offered,
As we watched it unfold,
With hands open like loafers.
Alas! It's laid to rest,
Yet another in days will be born from its death.
Desmond Okon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (:::::: The Celebration Of A Hero:::::: by Desmond Okon )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
Poem of the Day
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty
- - Μουγγό σκυλί (Greek poem), Giorgio A. V.
- Say You Are One of Them, Aysha Ananse
- Astonished, Edward Kofi Louis