Nikolai Stepanovich Gumilev
Conquistador, set in the iron armor,
I gaily follow the outgoing star,
I go over precipices, harbors
And rest in joyful groves, so far.
Oh, how wild and starless heaven's shelter!
The haze is growing, but, silent, I must wait.
Conquistador, in iron armor set,
I'll find my love, find it sooner or later.
And if the stars are void of midday words,
I shall myself create them for the worlds,
And warmly charm them by the songs of battles.
I am a brother to the gulfs and storms,
But I will plait into my uniforms
A lily -- the blue star of flourishing valleys.
Nikolai Stepanovich Gumilev's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Conquistador by Nikolai Stepanovich Gumilev )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- What It Would Take, David Whalen
- ASHES IN THE EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- الجناس, Abdullah alHemaidy
- world, Samuel Temidayo