The Daystar shines...
Gold for a King
Frankensence for a Priest
Myrrh for a Saviour.
The clouds gather...
Crown of thorns for a King
A seamless purple robe for a Priest
Sour vinegar on a stick for a suffering Saviour.
A throne for the King
Human temples for the Priest
Resurrection power for the Saviour
The Daystar shines in hearts...forever! .
Peter Hall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
2 Peter 19-20 We couldn’t be more sure of what we saw and heard—God’s glory, God’s voice. The prophetic Word was confirmed to us. You’ll do well to keep focusing on it. It’s the one light you have in a dark time as you wait for daybreak and the rising of the Morning Star (Daystar - KJV) in your hearts....
Merry Christmas & Happy Easter
Comments about this poem (The Daystar by Peter Hall )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1924 - 2000)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- A Character, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Sonnet: The God of Fairness, Justice and.., Dr John Celes
- Affection for, hasmukh amathalal
- Not a jungle., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- They Are Editing Journals To Be Poets & .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- unemployment, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Pearl of Wisdom, hafiz qasim
- As lovely chance, hasmukh amathalal
- Worldly pleasure, gajanan mishra
- Create sweetness, hasmukh amathalal
- No Means No, Gillu Rahul