The dead claims more entourage
Life is like a river that never flows backward,
The grasp of death cold fingers can‘t rewind its course.
Darkness looms, yet the people never take caution,
Common caution to count their days in soberness.
My elegy - cannot reclaim the vanished souls!
Ah! dark was that day when the sunshine state turns red.
My heart stumbled when the news daggered into the air.
The news of the sympathizers becoming sympathizees,
And the dead dieing more on its way to the cementry,
Claiming a score of unnotified closed ties.
My elegy, can never turn the river to flow backward.
Meshack Dasco's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The dead claims more entourage by Meshack Dasco )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Unbearable Loss Of Each Young Soldie.., Shalom Freedman
- Let Allah bless, hasmukh amathalal
- Get honestly, hasmukh amathalal
- In So Many Faces I Seek Love, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Surroundings, Somanathan Iyer
- The Crowd, Tony Adah
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah