Robert William Service
Think not because you raise
A gleaming sword,
That you will win to praise
Before the Lord.
And though men hail you great
Unto the skies,
Deem not 'twill ope' the gate
Though you have gold and gear
And fame and power,
What odds when you draw near
The Judgement Hour?
But if in bloody dust
You battle for the Just
With broken blade--
Then will the Lord look down
With eyes of love,
And you shall win a Crown
All price above.
Robert William Service's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Defeated by Robert William Service )
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic Cup, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Want To Play All Day and..., Monk E. Biz
- Every Poem Reveals Another Kind Of Sadness, Shalom Freedman
- Gramophone- Erotic Haiku Poetry, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dangerous Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Dogmatic is not charismatic, Aftab Alam
- The Soul Killer~, Monk E. Biz
- You are young, hasmukh amathalal
- Poetry, Jesus James Llorico