RIC S. BASTASA
ThE eGO IN Meditation....
Many many times i raise my hands in prayer
prostate my body on the floor, and close my eyes in deep meditation
i bite my lips. I hide my tongue in shame.
Many, many times i make promises to change myself, to redeem an old
dirty self and wash it, and cleanse it with all remorse
Many many times the pain comes back and lashes me with its whip.
i enter my room. I lock the door. I keep myself inside myself.
Many many doors become many many doors.
This house, this temple, This self
Always loved, always forgiven.
Many, many times, so many many times.
It is endless. I cannot just stop it.
It is not mine anymore.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ThE eGO IN Meditation.... by RIC S. BASTASA )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Under The Canopy, Neela Nath
- Not able to stay pure, gajanan mishra
- Papa, papa, hasmukh amathalal
- Who is Richard Thripp?, Richard Thripp
- Day ends, gajanan mishra
- Pedants, Muhammad Shanazar
- My Heart Desires, Muhammad Shanazar
- Good Wishes, Muhammad Shanazar
- Salute your Father, gajanan mishra
- Haiku for the end of semester, Leigh Sena