The Faithful Husband
The faithful husband loves as the Christ
The wife he has been given;
He must be as Yeshua to her
And make her life as heaven.
He must bear her up always
Present her unto himself;
As a pure and chasted bride
His wife is his true wealth.
Submitting unto Yeshua as Lord
He is given authority;
To take the things of the Christ above
And teach his family.
The faithful husband is as theChrist
Who died upon that ROD -
And loved His bride unto the end
He submitted unto God.
Richard Merrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Faithful Husband by Richard Merrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Fair Maiden, Kyle Tadda
- this is becoming a line at red box, Mandolyn Davidson
- it's SPF 50 or i'm hitting the caves, Mandolyn Davidson
- We Are, j.r ...
- if i had been a cactus, you still would .., Mandolyn Davidson
- retrospect, Mandolyn Davidson
- Mothra Rules, Kevin Patrick
- A Tidal Wave, MINA BOULEKOU
- gameshow guest, lee fones
- The Poor Rich, Samantha Pearson