The Fifth Star
When shadows lengthen in the west,
I'll attempt to align five stars,
Errant messengers of the night,
Casting a spell we'll claim as ours
The first star represents your dreams,
All the dreams you hope will come true,
Everything your heart desires....
Expect a breathtaking view!
The second star will give you wings,
Leave the dust of this earth behind,
Soar through clouds to faraway spheres,
See what shining worlds you'll find
The third star is a poem for you,
Designed for the joy it will bring,
Verses of love that sing to your heart,
Composed by a queen for her king
The fourth star is my love for you,
In my heart, you're the beloved guest,
When weariness overtakes your soul,
Fly to me... and be at rest
The fifth star is to wish upon
If I've failed to satisfy
Every need and wish you have.....
Oh, my darling, I did try!
Remember what you see tonight,
The display will be divine,
But not an easy feat, my love,
For mortal hands like mine!
Lora Colon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Fifth Star by Lora Colon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Quotation #2, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Stepping Into Promises, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- In Every Cell There Is A White Dove, mary douglas
- Child of the Supreme, gajanan mishra
- House Wanted: In A Dream, mary douglas
- Think of Me., Alyssa Rose
- Unquenchable, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Everybody is selfish, hasmukh amathalal
- Rose Pink Flamingo Flurries Over Africa, mary douglas
- For The Moment, A Sanskrit Illumination, mary douglas