The Football Match
When you asked me to play football with you that day
My life was brightened
By the glow in your eyes
The epiphany I had of my role in your life
Etched itself into the
Darkened reaches of my mind
We played for more than just fun that day
You were the man of the match
But the game ended too soon
The phone rang
When I looked back at you
You were watching me
What did you see that day?
Were there tears on my face?
Or a frown?
Or was your sadness
Reflected in my eyes?
Elizabeth Russell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Football Match by Elizabeth Russell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- River and ocean, gajanan mishra
- My Kudos To Your Beauty, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Learning to Lean on Him, Annajoy Thompson
- Learning, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- I Belong, Anthony Di'anno
- Focus On Your Studies, Ronell Warren Alman
- Around the eyes, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Lovely Child, Akhtar Jawad
- Courtny Stoned, shelly keats
- Politically right, Hardik Vaidya