The game, I play
I never knew you had 2 faces,
I wish I was in so many other places.
Gosh, I can't believe I fell for you,
It's not just your fault, no it's mine too.
I was warned but I ignored it,
And now I'm only breaking bit by bit.
You put a smile on my face,
But I now know that, that won't always be the case.
You saw a part of me,
A part that I myself did not see,
And made me the happiest that I could ever be.
But maybe I just don't deserve your time,
I feel like I am in the middle of committing a real bad crime.
She loved you so much,
You didn't but you told her and saved her the hurting.
Then I for a reason or other,
Began to bother.
And now I think I love you more than any other.
I guess that's life,
I am physically and mentally drained because of how much I've cried,
I rather wish that I had died,
Instead of having to go through all this pain.
But yet I am alive and still playing this game.
Amne ElAbdallah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The game, I play by Amne ElAbdallah )
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
- Gulliver, Sylvia Plath
- Dare to speak out loud, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- All Were You, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- A Winter Ship, Sylvia Plath
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #06, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan