The game, I play
I never knew you had 2 faces,
I wish I was in so many other places.
Gosh, I can't believe I fell for you,
It's not just your fault, no it's mine too.
I was warned but I ignored it,
And now I'm only breaking bit by bit.
You put a smile on my face,
But I now know that, that won't always be the case.
You saw a part of me,
A part that I myself did not see,
And made me the happiest that I could ever be.
But maybe I just don't deserve your time,
I feel like I am in the middle of committing a real bad crime.
She loved you so much,
You didn't but you told her and saved her the hurting.
Then I for a reason or other,
Began to bother.
And now I think I love you more than any other.
I guess that's life,
I am physically and mentally drained because of how much I've cried,
I rather wish that I had died,
Instead of having to go through all this pain.
But yet I am alive and still playing this game.
Amne ElAbdallah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The game, I play by Amne ElAbdallah )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- We lose—because we win, Emily Dickinson
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- કોઈ પણ બહાને koi pan, hasmukh amathalal
- Observation, Hans Raj Sharma
- MY CUSTOM, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- ANOKHA YEH DUNIYA KA MELA, Om Chawla
- The 4th day of Christmas, mai venn
- a hero, Cee Bea
- Never think again, hasmukh amathalal
- GO AWAY, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- वक्त की दिवार हम नहीं vakt ki, hasmukh amathalal
- On the ladder, hasmukh amathalal