The Graduation Blues
My days are soon coming to an end,
Of happy, yet sad, sent round the bend.
The friends I had when I was young
Are running as the song was sung.
Their laughter, sadly does not reach me,
As my thoughts fly sadly over sea.
My vision is blurred by maroon, gray, and white.
Why are these tears messing with my sight?
I cannot tell is to be happy or sad,
Especially when it comes from my dad.
Is there anybody out there?
Who has cheers that they share?
My thoughts keep going to the bay,
Just because it is my graduation day.
stephanie varnadore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Graduation Blues by stephanie varnadore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Levitation is Nothing New, Clayton Van Schaack
- Morning Song, Pijush Biswas
- Nightfall, Humphrey Bryant
- Directions Of Magical Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sackcloth and Ashes, Matthew Buck
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns
- A Wishing Star, Asma Riaz Khan
- Simply Spoken Dissearpering Vapors, Heather Burns