The Graduation Blues
My days are soon coming to an end,
Of happy, yet sad, sent round the bend.
The friends I had when I was young
Are running as the song was sung.
Their laughter, sadly does not reach me,
As my thoughts fly sadly over sea.
My vision is blurred by maroon, gray, and white.
Why are these tears messing with my sight?
I cannot tell is to be happy or sad,
Especially when it comes from my dad.
Is there anybody out there?
Who has cheers that they share?
My thoughts keep going to the bay,
Just because it is my graduation day.
stephanie varnadore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Graduation Blues by stephanie varnadore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Tantrayana philosophy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- just hoping & wishing, kiranjot kaur thiara
- The Storm Comes, Greg Davidson
- Desert-haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- just searching..: -(, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Blame and aspersion are established on t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Heat of the Moment, Hannah Bryson Price
- Small Men & Small Hearts As Contemporary.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Genocide, Nassy Fesharaki