Carlos Drummond de Andrade
The Great Pain Of Things That Will Happen
The great pain of things that will happen
turned into the most exquisite pleasure
when among a thousand photos that were displayed,
I had the grace and fortune of seeing you.
The kisses and the loving that was loved
recklessly from yours and my desire
flowering once again, will shine
in the misty light of daybreak.
The blessed past which was so cruel
and joyful today presents itself as tender
and makes my voice resonate again.
To exalt the resurrected love
that feeds on memory images,
changes the horror into sweetness.
Carlos Drummond de Andrade's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Great Pain Of Things That Will Happen by Carlos Drummond de Andrade )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Does Anyone Want Beautiful Poems Cried t.., mary douglas
- Largest house., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Tears Of A Rose, Electric Lady
- I am satisfied with this life, gajanan mishra
- Misogyny, Pius Didier
- Remember This., richard harris
- Animals are there, gajanan mishra
- Someday, Johnny Goyena
- Girl, He Never Loved You, Ronell Warren Alman
- Writing on the wall, Nassy Fesharaki