M.D DINESH NAIR
THE GREEK WOES
Greece has fallen into yet another economic gloom
Surpassing the past of dismal encounters
Her sons and daughters have had ever.
We see people thronging at the food banks
From noon to midnight braving the chill
For a square meal made from cabbage and potato even!
Penniless, frustrated and panicked
Are our 26% Greek brethren with fresh degrees
As they can`t find jobs anywhere.
O, rich men, you ought to help those in need
As you are also there like everywhere else.
The new Greece can`t manage the ebbs otherwise.
Athens! that great land leaves us shattered and
Greece in her totality is in the grip of lack of
Enough food, proper homes and a purple future!
We have to salute you brethren still
For you don`t resort to petty crimes despite the woes.
The great halo of those legendary gods still surround you all!
Apollos and Venuses linger over the Greek skies
And may they guard you for now, we like to pray.
O, Great ones of Greece, we salute you.
M.D DINESH NAIR's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (THE GREEK WOES by M.D DINESH NAIR )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Great And Noble Nations, David Harris
- i'm aging. it's in the script., Mandolyn Davidson
- tripping the alarm on a nightmare, Mandolyn Davidson
- Letters To Myself, Margarita Kamal
- When A Man Loves You, tallulah montegue
- Duty Is Prime, Upendra Singh
- Gravesites of the roads, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- Gibran Khalil Gibran, Nassy Fesharaki
- slowest driver, lee fones
- Here... Outside, Dexsta Ray