THE GUTSY CALL
You punish yourself
for not becoming a naught.
The triumph had
destroyed you completely.
A seductive purr
of a surrogate write,
wants to lift your parameters
A vague integrity was
choking the vitals.
The defeat was within.
You failed to accept the judgement.
Rendered clean after
the bristled attack, your shirt
does not show stains
of slurred concentrate.
The guilt was not the same.
It was the ephemeral moon.
Night was not going to wait.
I was not ready to sin.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE GUTSY CALL by Satish Verma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -57, Ronjoy Brahma
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -56, Ronjoy Brahma
- A Balancing Bow? (Advaita), Monk E. Biz
- Small Share Fleeced Investors Go Belly Up, Terence G. Craddock
- I am in the sea, gajanan mishra
- Goddess of England, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Half-Salary Jesuit Masters, Richard Thripp
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -55, Ronjoy Brahma
- Son of Truth, gajanan mishra
- False redemption, hasmukh amathalal