THE GUTSY CALL
You punish yourself
for not becoming a naught.
The triumph had
destroyed you completely.
A seductive purr
of a surrogate write,
wants to lift your parameters
A vague integrity was
choking the vitals.
The defeat was within.
You failed to accept the judgement.
Rendered clean after
the bristled attack, your shirt
does not show stains
of slurred concentrate.
The guilt was not the same.
It was the ephemeral moon.
Night was not going to wait.
I was not ready to sin.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE GUTSY CALL by Satish Verma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- Nazuk to Phool Bhi Hain, Aftab Alam
- COPLA 85 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Home Came LeBron, Ima Ryma
- If Tears Could Turn To That, Luis Estable
- A Tiny Black Spider, Daniel Brick
- Anticipation..., Dieter Ian Maree
- The Horrors of Hell, Luis Estable
- Oral Given Good, Luis Estable