The Journey From Compulsion
The redemption of God is beyond forgiveness
And insurance against eternal separation
From the God who shares His life with the known.
Redemption creeps from the changed heart
And crawls to capture the swinging emotions
And caterpillars through the chained mind.
Redemption once instant then works by stealth
What was by compulsion becomes voluntary
The desire changing to labour for righteousness.
The exchanged heart gains new cravings
The forgiveness, the new status begins to work
From compulsion until it looks like Christ! .
Peter Hall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Journey From Compulsion by Peter Hall )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Don't Want A Machine To Read This Poem, Shalom Freedman
- Letter, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Eulogy, Michael McParland
- The Wife's Song, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Eternal Silence, Michael McParland
- Eternal Life, Michael McParland
- The Comrade's Song, Nikola Vaptsarov
- A Dream, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Spain, Nikola Vaptsarov
- ONE MORE ANNIVERSARY, Satish Verma