the king and me
The King and Me.
The king of Norway, doesn´t feel well today
his crown is heavy and since he went bald
the diamond crusted crown leaves marks on
his head. They made a mistake at the laundry
when cleaning his red ermine coat the colour
faded and it doesn´t fit around his waist.
But he has to go on the balcony and wave to
the people, later dine with ambassadors,
dignitaries and famous entertainers.
He has to be careful so the sleeves of his coat
that is wide, don´t dip into the soup.
Worst of all when the rest drink fine wine he
has to drink water as he has a liver complaint…
What is he going to talk about?
The queen can go on about art and the latest
trend in shoes, her mind doesn´t wander off;
stay focused, she say don´t go on about sailing.
The king sighs, yes it´s hard to be a monarch.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (the king and me by oskar hansen )
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello
- Overcoming obstacles, Gerry Legister
- Easy, Curtis Brown
- The Bed, John Foster
- Never the end, Curtis Brown
- LOVE FOLDS, shannon strauss
- Shattered Heart, Curtis Brown