the king and me
The King and Me.
The king of Norway, doesn´t feel well today
his crown is heavy and since he went bald
the diamond crusted crown leaves marks on
his head. They made a mistake at the laundry
when cleaning his red ermine coat the colour
faded and it doesn´t fit around his waist.
But he has to go on the balcony and wave to
the people, later dine with ambassadors,
dignitaries and famous entertainers.
He has to be careful so the sleeves of his coat
that is wide, don´t dip into the soup.
Worst of all when the rest drink fine wine he
has to drink water as he has a liver complaint…
What is he going to talk about?
The queen can go on about art and the latest
trend in shoes, her mind doesn´t wander off;
stay focused, she say don´t go on about sailing.
The king sighs, yes it´s hard to be a monarch.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (the king and me by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Would, Aaron Waingrow
- Casa Vitae, Madrason writer
- You Need Not Say Anything Else, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The time has changed, hasmukh amathalal
- The Fair Maiden, Kyle Tadda
- this is becoming a line at red box, Mandolyn Davidson
- it's SPF 50 or i'm hitting the caves, Mandolyn Davidson
- We Are, j.r ...
- if i had been a cactus, you still would .., Mandolyn Davidson
- retrospect, Mandolyn Davidson