The Last Meeting
Sixteen years I have passed
Since that night of Spring
When I met you for the last time.
It was a full moon sky.
I was awaiting you in the garden of Love
Which was adorned with the moon beams.
I was fascinated by the smell
Of sweet flowers of Love.
Breeze was blowing gently
And carrying the fragrance and melody
Of your pure and holy Love
Though you were not there.
Like the Goddess of Love
You came to me finally
To caress my heart for the last time.
I was busy in having the nectar
From your fragrant rosy lips.
My soul felt drowsy
Having the warmth of your Love.
I became speechless for a while.
Moon was watching the beauty
Of embracing of our hearts
For the last time.
Then the time came to depart
The Paradise, the garden of Love.
We spoke nothing with each other.
I had to bid you good bye
But the moment will never be forgotten.
When Spring comes every year,
You appear before me at night
To caress my thirsty heart.
My mind brims with intense joy
And dances with the rhythm
Of melody of your holy Love
And enjoy the bliss of Love.
By Dipankar Sadhukhan
'Your Role In My Life', No.38
Dipankar Sadhukhan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Last Meeting by Dipankar Sadhukhan )
- Let Me Be Her<3, Nautica Moxley
- Absalom, Gert Strydom
- Freedom Is Calling, Tony Adah
- God and Guru, gajanan mishra
- Left Naked And Exposed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Birth day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TWILIGHT, Meggie Gultiano
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(18 November 1939)