The Last Meeting
Sixteen years I have passed
Since that night of Spring
When I met you for the last time.
It was a full moon sky.
I was awaiting you in the garden of Love
Which was adorned with the moon beams.
I was fascinated by the smell
Of sweet flowers of Love.
Breeze was blowing gently
And carrying the fragrance and melody
Of your pure and holy Love
Though you were not there.
Like the Goddess of Love
You came to me finally
To caress my heart for the last time.
I was busy in having the nectar
From your fragrant rosy lips.
My soul felt drowsy
Having the warmth of your Love.
I became speechless for a while.
Moon was watching the beauty
Of embracing of our hearts
For the last time.
Then the time came to depart
The Paradise, the garden of Love.
We spoke nothing with each other.
I had to bid you good bye
But the moment will never be forgotten.
When Spring comes every year,
You appear before me at night
To caress my thirsty heart.
My mind brims with intense joy
And dances with the rhythm
Of melody of your holy Love
And enjoy the bliss of Love.
By Dipankar Sadhukhan
'Love, Another Name of Divinity', No: 32
Dipankar Sadhukhan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Last Meeting by Dipankar Sadhukhan )
- Ginkgo tree - a haiku, Susy Evelyne
- Corrective measure, hasmukh amathalal
- My Path to Self-Discovery, Deborah Eker
- Besides a star, gajanan mishra
- You Cried Last Night, Cigeng Zhang
- At Least Honesty Remained, Rohit Sapra
- THIS AUTUMN, Satish Verma
- खुशियाँ गौने से पहले ही... (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- A Fish Remains, Rohit Sapra
- My Heart Is Still Alive, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)