The learned persons shall not abuse and insult anybody!
Rarest to the core, the learned persons shall not
…even by mistake abuse, don't insult anybody
and don't sleep in the midst of many others!
They will not accept to do something
…which they can't do; and they will not
escape by not doing it!
They will not speak anything wrongfully
…by ill treating the people
who are not financially sound!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'The learned persons shall not abuse and insult anybody! ' is a translation of a Tamil poem from 'aasaarak kOvai'
பழியா ரிழியார் பலருள் ளுறங்கார்
இசையாத நேர்ந்து கரவார் இசைவின்றி
இல்லாரை யெள்ளி இகழ்ந்துரையார் தள்ளியுந்
தாங்கருங் கேள்வி யவர்.50 ஆசாரக் கோவை
Comments about this poem (The learned persons shall not abuse and insult anybody! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)