The Light of Love
Each shining light above us
Has its own peculiar grace;
But every light of heaven
Is in my darling's face.
For it is like the sunlight,
So strong and pure and warm,
That folds all good and happy things,
And guards from gloom and harm.
And it is like the moonlight,
So holy and so calm;
The rapt peace of a summer night,
When soft winds die in balm.
And it is like the starlight;
For, love her as I may,
She dwells still lofty and serene
In mystery far away.
John Hay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Light of Love by John Hay )
- Drawing Inspiration, Tony Adah
- Bumblebees Bibbing, Saiom Shriver
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai