The Lure Of Venus Bay
If you drive through South Gippsland on the South Gippsland Highway
It might pay you to visit the Village of Venus Bay
A stone throw from the ocean of wide beaches with miles of strand
One of the quiet beauty spots of this great Southern Land.
I've travelled to quaint places off of the beaten track
But it is the lure of Venus Bay that always brings me back
The beach there never crowded and miles of open space
It is well worth a visit it is such a lovely place.
The last time I was in Venus Bay a couple of years ago
Up from the sunlit ocean a warm Summer wind did blow
The beach it was deserted the tide was rolling in
And the sea spray felt refreshing in my hair and facial
This Summer I must visit Venus Bay in January maybe
One of the quietest and prettiest places in South Gippsland by the sea
Relaxing for the body and soothing for the soul
Just a stone throw from the Village where the surf waves beach-wards roll.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lure Of Venus Bay by Francis Duggan )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra
- When I Was A Birch Tree, Richard Provencher
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz