Carol Fleming Klein
The merry-go-round music...
The carousel of
They all slow
and you get off
and walk away.
The ride resumes
and watching people
are a spinning, aching blur.
I want to cry
To say 'don't go! '
But I can't
my throat is
I can't even say
as you walk away.
But I can't speak.
And it isn't
to get off.
as I clutch my mount.
The carousel turns
and I watch
through a blurry
You walk on.
Monday, July 26,1993
Carol Fleming Klein's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Merry-Go-Round by Carol Fleming Klein )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Autumn Leaf, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Lonely Flower, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Oh Soldiers, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- My Freedom Song, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- two way life, Somanathan Iyer
- Playing Your Words, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Shooting and Terrorism, ROGEL FRANCIS SORIOSO
- Wish and desire, Somanathan Iyer
- Is this what We asked for?, Somanathan Iyer
- The world is in peace, gajanan mishra